Monday 5 September 2011

Mirazozo

Amongst the noise and buzz of festival gardens at Edinburgh Fringe Festival's Assembly gardens stood a huge tacky looking, plastic blow up structure. It looked strange and it was called Mirazozo. I went inside and it felt like I was going into a cathedral because of the immediate calm and tranquility that I experienced, life was put on hold outside as I entered. The architecture inside also reminded me of romanesque cathedral because of the high rising sections and pockets like apses. I was in a beautifully colourful temporary structure that relied only on natural light to create this extraordinary environment. The walls felt delicate as you lay on their curves but inside you felt safe, it reminded my friends and I of being inside the body, perhaps the womb.

Here is the architect talking about the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment