Monday 5 September 2011

John Hegarty

John Hegarty. Legendary creative and co-founder of global ad agency BBH. I am so totally in awe of this man and I want to be a creative director in his company in ten years time.
I became interested in him because I was lucky enough to get some work experience with BBH this summer. I read his book and went to his talk at the V&A before then. His emphasis on the ideas being the "most incredible thing we possess" is inspiring. I especially love the quote in his book "process is trying to make order out of chaos. Creativity is trying to make chaos to create order." Yes, he paints advertising in this very overly glamorous light, showing up creatives as being the maverick geniuses of society but I can't help but be taken in by it. I also keep finding out that most of my favourite ad campaigns are in fact BBHs'.

Here is their very first ad campaign for Levi's that brought Levi out of a very desperate low of their brand into renound global success. It was an add run in desperation by them despite their horror that it didn't even show Levi jeans in the image. I think this pretty much sums up the ground-breaking nature of BBH.

This is one their latest campaigns that I love. I also think the campaign itself is a fantastic one. The link to this the video and facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=108620322565194


John Hegarty passed me in the corridoor of BBH. He smiled and I blushed, looking down as my cheeks flushed a crimson red, I went weak at the knees and my heart started beating manically. Talk about a respect crush.


No comments:

Post a Comment