Wednesday 14 September 2011

what is Stefanie Posavec up to?

Stefanie Posavac produced my favourite piece of design this year. It was Literary organism at the Pick Me up Graphic Art Fair at Somerset House last March. I think her work is so interesting and so beautiful. I must have been gazing at her work for hours at the exhibition!
This image does not do it justice but basically it is a visual representation of part one of 'On the road'. The simple tree structure splits up the book into chapters, then paragraphs, then sentences, then words.
Check out a better image on her website-

To my excitement, she has just done some design for Stephen Fry's new iphone app on his autobiography. The App functions as a 'visual index' of key theme tags within the book, all divided into four major groups. You can scroll through the book in themes on a wheel of spines, each spine representing a section of text.


Whilst creating this post I came across this brilliant website of infographics. Each one incredibly interesting and humorously analysed by it's editor Cliff Kuang.


Here is one that might well change my world as someone getting to grips with typography...

No comments:

Post a Comment