Wednesday 7 September 2011

My love for Sian Bonnell

In conjunction with the creation of this blog, i've been asked to talk a little about a photographer I really admire and show a photo of theirs I most relate to.  I have always been a huge fan of Sian Bonnell because she spurred my first interest in photography at school and uncovered the trail of thought that marked the work I did from then on. Here began my interest in object and context and how we could feel about things when they are put out of context and how different their story and purpose can be. I especially like working with food because it has such a big soul purpose that when put anywhere out of context, it is interesting and somehow relatable. Bonnells' work is so inspiring for me because of the many creative methods she uses to make the objects in her photos alien to their original purpose; depth of field and a low perspective I love most of all.

This photograph here is...In fact...A Jelly Mould! How beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment